Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ravens Legacy

1984, as a strong winter storm swept through Baltimore, several Mayflower trucks started to roll out the Baltimore Colts to Indianapolis, taking with them all their records, memorabilia, and the name. It was a pretty gloomy and surreal moment for Baltimore football fans. Several years later in 1996 the Cleveland Browns are moved to Charm city to become the Baltimore Ravens and with the first draft picks, a new start for Baltimore football finally becomes a reality. And in 2000, they won a championship, bringing home the Lombardi Trophy. The team, had always purely depended on its vanilla offense a tenacious defense, has recently changed their philosophy to become a more balanced team. By drafting a few offensive weapons and bringing in a couple others, the team has changed its philosophy to put it on the fast track for another championship. This group of men has shown a lot of resilience and will power when it comes to team work. The question is do they have what it takes to win a championship? I guess, we’ll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed hearing yours very much! You picked an excellent topic, considering the season. I loved your opening, and I actually learned something because I was never truly informed about the Colts/Ravens history. I'm glad you picked a topic you enjoyed, that'll also positively contribute to your overall project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried the night the Colts left. I still root for them except when the play the Ravens. You can do a lot during your presentation. I look forward to see you develop it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I can totally tell how passionate you are about this topic. I can't wait to see the final project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this seems like its going to be a great presentation. cool topic

    ReplyDelete