Monday, October 18, 2010

Persistence

I believe will power, determination, resolve, and tenacity to be extremely noteworthy characteristics for any individual with a specific goal in sight. Those who aim for a particular objective in school, jobs, or sports must possess these qualities so anything that seems impossible can be accomplished.
Personally, I have always experienced a profound increase in will power and a heightened level of motivation whenever I set out to reach a particular objective or to complete a particular task. In times of exams or whenever I have to complete lengthy assignments for school I have always found a way to wake up after taking a few hours nap rather than sleeping all night. Whenever I am called to cover a shift for a colleague at work I accept the challenge despite having other tasks at hand. Although I must admit that it is not easy to reach this level of responsibility, it is not impossible as time management and self-discipline are vital qualities to have. Whenever, my own willpower has been tested, I have found self-control over my body, a gritty mindset, and a persistent resolve to be fundamental in succeeding.
Though we are challenged day in day out, we should all take a step back at times and gauge our persistence to see if we are all working to our fullest. And if not it is never too late to reflect upon our abilities.

Words: 235

7 comments:

  1. You are very persuasive but at the same time you use your personal experience effectively to get your point across! I agree that in my personal life I have found that I get more things done, and done right, when I set goals for myself and aim towards completing the tasks to reach the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adhered to your philosophy during my working life and it really does work. Set your goals and achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This essay is very good. Doing what you need to do, and being reliable is a great personality trait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written essay, and convincing. Self-discipline and motivation are two extremely important characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree completely. this philosophy helps a person get somewhere in life or attain a goal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Churchill said:"Young men, never give up, ever ever.." We set a goal and work hard to achieve it. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna hear more about an experience when your will power was tested to the maximum. Great diction and structure, I just believe personal experiences catch a readers attention much easier

    ReplyDelete