Hey there
My name is Chaudhry Wahab and I have been a student at UMBC for longer than I should be. I foresee myself graduating in Financial Economics this upcoming spring season. I also work at the Mall in Columbia at a cell phone accessory kiosk. So if you ever need anything for your cell phones, stop by and I will be happy to help you.
This past month was very demanding yet rewarding for me, since it was the month of Ramadan and being a Muslim we are required to fast for 30 days, sunrise to sunset. And tomorrow is Eid ul Fitr, the day that culminates the month with celebrations and festivities. Being from Pakistan it is a little saddening as the floods have ravaged the whole nation. Therefore, this Eid is a little bittersweet for many Pakistanis.
I will be back next week, until then please visit my Pakistan Flood Relief page.
I think what you are doing to inform people about the flood relief in Pakistan is awesome. I am also Pakistani.
ReplyDeleteHow is Financial Economics? I am considering double majoring in it. So far I've taken Econ 101, 102, and 121, all of which I thought were very easy and very interesting.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to put myself out there and say that I don't know much about world news, in such a way that I didn't even know about the flood in Pakistan, and I feel terrible that I didn't know about it.
ReplyDeleteI think you are a very strong person for being able to fast for 30 days from sunrise to sunset. When I haven't eaten in the last few hours, I become terribly mean and people don't want to be around me.
Thanks for the kind words. Fasting does take a strong will and quite a bit of faith.
ReplyDelete